Here are orthopedic surgeons who have recently taken on new roles or added to their titles.
Twelve moves since April 7:
1. Josh Hudgens, MD, joined EmergeOrtho's Durham, N.C.-based Triangle Region.
2. Anjan Shah, MD, an orthopedic trauma surgeon and chief of staff and director of orthopedic trauma at Brandon (Fla.) Regional Hospital, was named chief medical officer of medtech company Conventus Flower Orthopedics.
3. Robert Doane, MD, was elected to the Michigan State Medical Society board of directors. He will serve a three-year term and represent physicians from Clinton, Eaton, Hillsdale, Ingham and Jackson counties.
4. Thomas Shockley Jr., MD, was named Cincinnati-based TriHealth's inaugural chief health equity officer. He will continue to serve as associate chief medical officer of TriHealth's Bethesda North region.
5. Martin Ross, MD, joined the orthopedic surgery team at Rome (N.Y.) Health Orthopedic & Sports Medicine.
6. Fairlawn, Ohio-based Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center added Timothy Nice, MD, and John Krebs, MD, to its team of physicians in Willoughby Hills, Ohio.
7. Julienne Lippe, MD, joined Cabinet Peaks Medical Center in Libby, Mont.
8. Lehigh Valley Orthopedic Institute in Allentown, Pa., appointed Thomas Graham, MD, as its first physician-in-chief. He has served as a hand surgery consultant, team physician or medical director for teams in the NFL, MLB, NHL and NBA as well as the PGA Tour.
9. Orthopedic surgeon Dale Rader, MD, joined Durham, N.C.-based EmergeOrtho at its new location in Statesville, N.C.
10. Detroit-based Henry Ford Health appointed orthopedic surgeon and shoulder specialist Jonathan Braman, MD, as its chair and medical director of orthopedic services. He previously served as chief of shoulder surgery, professor of orthopedic surgery, vice chair of faculty development and director of orthopedic research at the University of Minnesota Department of Orthopedic Surgery in Minneapolis.
11. Justin Duke, MD, joined Samaritan Health Services, based in Corvallis, Ore. He will provide care to patients at Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital and Samaritan Coastal Clinic, both in Lincoln City, Ore.
Eighteen moves in March:
1. Franklin Memorial Hospital, based in Farmington, Maine, added Ian Dickey, MD, to its orthopedic surgery team.
2. Leslie Sisco-Wise, MD, was named the first female president of the Louisiana Orthopaedic Association.
3. Fox Valley Orthopedics in Geneva, Ill. named Lauren Matteini, MD, and Shobhit Minhas, MD, as partners in the practice.
4. Orthopedic surgeon Rear Adm. Bruce Gillingham, MD, retired as the 39th surgeon general of the U.S. Navy.
5. Timothy Kremchek, MD, founding partner of Beacon Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine in Cincinnati, stepped down as the head team physician and chief orthopedic surgeon for the Cincinnati Reds Major League Baseball team following a 27-year tenure.
6. Amber Randall, MD, joined the orthopedic surgery team at Prescott, Ariz.-based Granite Orthopaedics.
7. Drew Iman, DO, joined Crovetti Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Las Vegas.
8. Richelle Takemoto, MD, joined Community Memorial Hospital in Hamilton, N.Y.
9. G. Dean Harter, MD, was named medical director for orthopedic surgery at Gifford, Fla.-based Cleveland Clinic Indian River Hospital.
10. Gerry Trinidad, MD, will bring orthopedic care to King's Daughters Family Care Center Ironton (Ohio) beginning April 6.
11. Klane White, MD, was appointed the chair of the department of pediatric orthopedics and the Rose Brown Endowed Chair of Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery at Children's Hospital Colorado in Aurora.
12. Daryl Osbahr, MD, a provider at Philadelphia-based Rothman Orthopaedic Institute, will serve as head orthopedic surgeon for the Orlando (Fla.) Guardians, an XFL football team.
13. The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons appointed a new chair of the board of specialty societies, a chair of the board of councilors, a chair of the advocacy council and president.
14. Orthopedic surgeon Sylvester Youlo, MD, will now provide orthopedic care at Texas County Memorial Hospital's outpatient specialty clinic in Houston.
Eleven moves in February:
1. Michael Magee, MD, joined the orthopedic surgery team at Claxton Hepburn Medical Center in Ogdensburg, N.Y.
2. Board-certified orthopedic surgeon Mark Freeman, MD, joined Axis Research and Technologies, a bioskills, cadaver lab and surgical training company, as its chief medical adviser.
3. Jeffrey DeClaire, MD, founder of the Michigan Knee Institute in Rochester Hills, was named chief of the department of orthopedic surgery at Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital, also in Rochester Hills.
4. Jarrod Smith, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at Scott Orthopedic Center in Huntington, W.Va., has begun accepting patients at St. Mary's Family Care in Ironton, Ohio.
5. Orthopaedic Medical Group Surgery Center in Lithia, Fla., added orthopedic surgeon Nick Sexton, MD, to its team.
6. Sherif Dabash, MD, joined Potomac Valley Hospital, West Virginia University's critical access hospital in Keyser, W.Va.
7. Israel Yahuaca, MD, joined Franciscan Physician Network, which provides services to patients across Indiana, Illinois and Michigan.
8. Lazurite, an orthopedic medtech company, added Laith Jazrawi, MD, and Mark Schickendantz, MD, to its medical advisory board.
9. Bohannon Mason, MD, Atul Kamath, MD, and James Germano, MD, joined the clinical advisory board of Formus Labs, a medtech company that specializes in joint replacement technology.
10. Jason Habeck, MD, was promoted to Watertown (Wis.) Regional Medical Center's chief of staff.