Updates on Surgalign's Holo Portal, and five more key developments from spine and orthopedic devicemakers since Nov. 2:
1. Surgalign's Holo Portal spine system was installed in two more Ohio locations, and demand is growing. However, the company is behind earlier 2022 goals for the system. Read more details here.
2. Spine devicemaker Alphatec reported a 43 percent year-over-year increase in third quarter revenue.
3. NuVasive launched the NuVasive Tube System and Excavation Micro for minimally invasive transforaminal lumbar interbody fusions and decompressions.
4. MicroPort Orthopedics released its Hipturn tensioning instrument for hip replacements.
5. Ahmet Tezel, PhD, was named Johnson & Johnson MedTech's company group chair and global head of medtech innovation and R&D.
6. Zimmer Biomet's mymobility platform for the Apple Watch was found to be effective in helping knee replacement patients recover compared to traditional care, according to one-year data.