Here are 27 orthopedic and spine organizations that are opening or adding new practices, locations and expansions through the first half of 2023 that Becker's has reported on:
1. Medical City Fort Worth (Texas) added a $12 million orthopedics and neurosciences medical surgery unit.
2. Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Health is opening a new ASC on the campus of the Orthopedic Specialty Hospital in Murray, Utah, focusing on hip, knee and spinal procedures.
3. Cleveland-based University Hospitals cut the ribbon on its Ahuja Medical Center's UH Drusinsky Sports Medicine Institute, part of a $236 million expansion in Beachwood, Ohio.
4. Tim Vollmer, DO, director of the pain management department at State College, Pa.-based University Orthopedics, opened his second private practice, the Pain Spine and Joint Center of the Alleghenies, in St. Marys, Pa.
5. Durham, N.C.-based EmergeOrtho opened its 10th location in the Foothills region in Sherrills Ford, N.C.
6. Orthopedic Associates of Lancaster (Pa.) opened a new location in Ephrata, Pa.
7. Newport Beach, Calif.-based DISC Sports & Spine Center opened a clinic in Encino, Calif.
8. Holland (Mich.) Hospital and Shoreline Orthopaedics partnered to build a 40,000-square-foot, $28.9 million medical office building in Zeeland, Mich.
9. Orthopedic Care Partners affiliated with Advanced Pain Medical Center in Gainesville, Fla.
10. Golden Valley, Minn.-based Twin Cities Orthopedics opened TCO Eden Prairie, a new location in Minnesota.
11. The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock opened the UAMS Health Orthopaedic and Spine Clinic in North Little Rock.
12. Fairlawn, Ohio-based Crystal Clinic expanded its clinic in Warren, Ohio.
13. Cincinnati-based OrthoAlliance added Indianapolis-based Midwest Center for Joint Replacement of Central Indiana.
14. United Musculoskeletal Partners added Orthopedic Associates, an 11-physician practice in Texas, to its network.
15. Edgewood, Ky.-based OrthoCincy added Ortho Louisville (Ky.) Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine under a new partnership.
16. Precision Orthopaedic Specialties in Chardon, Ohio, joined Cincinnati-based OrthoAlliance.
17. Cincinnati-based Mayfield Brain & Spine opened its fifth location in the region on Cincinnati's east side.
18. Fairlawn, Ohio-based Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center opened a new location in Ashtabula, Ohio.
19. Cincinnati-based OrthoAlliance added South Bend (Ind.) Orthopaedics.
20. Four spine surgeons collaborated to open Masters Spine Institute in Park City, Utah.
21. Spire Orthopedic Partners added Poughkeepsie, N.Y.-based Orthopedic Associates of Dutchess County and the practice's affiliated ASC, the Surgery Center at Orthopedic Associates.
22. Daphne, Ala.-based Baldwin Bone & Joint is expanding by opening a new facility in Spanish Fort, Ala.
23. Orthopedic and Spine Centers of Wisconsin in Madison, which has 11 physicians, was opened.
24. Golden Valley, Minn.-based Twin Cities Orthopedics opened St. Louis Park-Therapy, a new location in Minnesota.
25. King's Daughters Medical Center and Capital Ortho partnered to open Capital Ortho at KDMC in Brookhaven, Miss.
26. Specialty Orthopedic Group opened the SOG Urgent Care Clinic in Tupelo, Miss.
27. Neurosurgery of St. Louis added three practices, doubling the number of locations it has.