Orthopedists earn an average annual compensation of $497,000, according to the "Medscape Orthopedist Compensation Report 2018."
Here are additional statistics on orthopedists' compensation.
1. Self-employed orthopedists earn $536,000 compared to $469,000 for employed orthopedists.
2. Male orthopedists earn $507,000 compared to $364,000 for female orthopedists.
3. Fifty-one percent of orthopedists feel fairly compensated.
4. Of those orthopedists unsatisfied with their compensation, 34 percent believe they should earn 11 percent to 25 percent more annually.
5. Thirty-three percent of orthopedists unsatisfied with their compensation think they should earn 26 percent to 50 percent more each year.
More articles on practice management:
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery to launch new MOC program: 6 key insights
AAOS raises major concerns over BPCI Advanced model: 5 things to know
Mayo Clinic opens new orthopedic, sports medicine clinic: 5 things to know