Andrew Dossett, MD, performed spine surgery on Denver Nuggets' draft pick Michael Porter Jr., according to NBA.com.
Here are five things to know:
1. This is Mr. Porter's second spine surgery. He first underwent spine surgery in November 2017.
2. Dr. Dossett performed lumbar spine surgery to treat Mr. Porter's herniated discs at The Carrell Clinic in Dallas.
3. It is unclear when Mr. Porter will be released to play.
4. Dr. Dossett is a spine consultant for the Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars.
5. The spine surgeon underwent fellowship training at Los Angeles-based Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic.