Rodrigo Lasmar, MD, will repair the broken metatarsal of Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar da Silva Santos Jr. in early March, the team reports.
Here's what you should know:
1. Mr. Neymar fractured his fifth metatarsal. It's expected his recovery will take up to three months, The Guardian reports.
2. Mr. Neymar is the highest paid footballer in the world. The 26-year-old sustained the injury Feb. 25 in the ninth minute of a match against Marseille.
3. Mr. Neymar is expected to miss the rest of PSG's season, but could return before Brazil's World Cup campaign.
4. Dr. Lasmar is Atlético-MG's team physician. He is also the head team physician for the Brazilian National Team.
5. Dr. Lasmar has treated several high-profile athletes including Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo.