Luga Podesta, MD, joined Naples, Fla.-based Bluetail Medical Group, where he will lead the practice.
Here are five highlights:
1. Dr. Podesta brings more than 25 years of experience in regenerative medicine and sports medicine to Bluetail Medical Group. Most recently, Dr. Podesta serves as the director of sports medicine at St. Charles Orthopaedics in Port Jefferson, N.Y.
2. Throughout his career, Dr. Podesta has serves as the team physician for the Los Angeles Angels and Los Angles Dodgers. Dr. Podesta was a consultant for the U.S. Open and World Baseball Classic.
3. Dr. Podesta is an assistant clinical professor at Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, Calif. He lectures nationally and internationally on biologics, sports injuries and regenerative medicine.
4. Dr. Podesta underwent fellowship training in sports medicine at Staten Island (N.Y.) Orthopedics and Sports Medicine and the Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic in Los Angeles.
5. Board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation and sports medicine, Dr. Podesta is a member of the American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine and American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.