The Miami Dolphins partnered with the University of Miami Sports Medicine to sponsor the University of Miami Countywide Concussion Care High School Program, the Miami Dolphins reports.
Here are five takeaways:
1. The concussion care program is overseen by a multidisciplinary team of neurology, neurosurgery, neuroscience, ENT, physical therapy and neuropsychology specialists.
2. The Dolphins will provide high school athletes with protocols in concussions and reinforce health and safety standards.
3. In all, the program will impact more than 15,000 high school athletes per year.
4. The University of Miami Countywide Concussion Care High School Program was established in 2012.
5. The Miami Dolphins have sponsored a high school training program at Miami-based Norland High School for the last two years and partnered with USA Football to cover the cost of training for all coaches
that take part in Player Safety Coach certifications.