John M. Knight, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon whose work and career are about to be recognized by as a Top Doc in Walnut Creek, Calif.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Knight practices at Muir Orthopedic Specialists in Walnut Creek, Calif., and is also affiliated with San Ramon Medical Center in Sal Ramon, Calif.
2. Dr. Knight graduated from the Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha before interning at San Francisco's Mount Zion Hospital and Medical Center and completing his residency at the University of California San Francisco.
3. As a board certified orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Knight's work focuses on sports medicine, hip arthroscopy and hip resurfacing in addition to knee and hip replacements.
4. Top doctor awards honors healthcare practitioners who have demonstrated clinical excellence for patients at the highest standards.
5. The awards take education, research contributions, patient reviews and other relevant details into considerations to identify the top doctors.
More sports medicine articles:
Why the direct anterior approach for THA is the future
Super Bowl champions set bad example for ACL recoveries
5 surgeons treating professional athletes — January, 2017