On Sept. 15, the Chicago Cubs became the first MLB team to clinch a division title in the 2016 season, according to ESPN.
Here are six highlights:
1. Although the Cubs suffered a 5-4 loss to the Milwaukee Brewers on Sept. 15, their spirits were quickly lifted following a St. Louis Cardinals defeat to the San Francisco Giants later that night.
2. With the Cardinals loss of 6-2, the Cubs were home-free to capture their spot in post-season play.
3. The Cubs clinched the National League Central title after 146 games.
4. A heavy post-season favorite, the Cubs are ready to shed their 108-year curse, on their way to a World Series win for the first time since 1908 when they beat the Detroit Tigers.
5. The Cubs have made it to post-season play in consecutive seasons only three times since 1903.
6. The Cubs' 2015 season saw a wild card grab and a sweep by the New York Mets in the NL Championship Series.