James Harrop, MD, is division chief of spine and peripheral nerve surgery at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia.
Five things to know about him:
1. Dr. Harrop has been with Thomas Jefferson University Hospital since his residency. He earned his medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia.
2. He is a past president of the Cervical Spine Research Society.
3. Dr. Harrop's areas of expertise include spinal cord injury, spinal trauma, revision surgery and spine oncology.
4. Dr. Harrop spearheaded Jefferson's Comprehensive Spine Unit, a collaboration between orthopedic and neurological surgeons.
5. He has given multiple lectures on spine topics including spinal deformity complications, biomechanics of the spine and posterior cervical instrumentation.