All 25 U.S. National Hockey League teams have a team of trained orthopedic surgeons, physicians and trainers.
Here are the head physicians or head athletic trainers for 25 U.S. NHL teams:
1. Anaheim Ducks: Kenton Fibel, MD, is a sports medicine physician at Kerlan-Jobe Orthopaedics in Los Angeles.
2. Arizona Coyotes: John Tokish, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist at Mayo Clinic in Phoenix.
3. Boston Bruins: Peter Asnis, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
4. Buffalo Sabres: Marc Fineberg, MD, is a sports medicine and knee and shoulder arthroscopy specialist with privileges at multiple clinics in Buffalo, N.Y.
5. Carolina Hurricanes: Joseph Barker, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine at UNC Orthopedics in Chapel Hill, N.C.
6. Chicago Blackhawks: Michael Terry, MD, is an orthopedist at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago.
7. Colorado Avalanche: Matt Sokolowski is a nationally registered EMT who has been with the Avalanche for 31 years.
8. Columbus Blue Jackets: Joseph Ruane, DO, is a family medicine physician at OhioHealth Grant Medical Center in Columbus.
9. Dallas Stars: William Roberston, MD, is a physician at Medical City Healthcare in Dallas.
10. Detroit Redwings: Anthony Colucci, DO, is an emergency medicine physician at Henry Ford Health in Detroit.
11. Florida Panthers: Gautam Yagnik, MD, is a physician at the Miami Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Institute.
12. Los Angeles Kings: Frank Petrigliano, MD, is an associate professor of clinical orthopedic surgery and chief of the Epstein Family Center for Sports Medicine at Keck Medicine of the University of Southern California in Los Angeles.
13. Minnesota Wild: Joel Boyd, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon at HealthPartners in Bloomington, Minn.
14. Nashville Predators: Kevin Morley works for the Predators full time.
15. New Jersey Devils: JT Podell is a physical therapist and rehabilitation coordinator with three New Jersey sports teams.
16. New York Islanders: Brian Neri, MD, is an orthopedist at NYU Langone Ambulatory Care in East Meadow, N.Y.
17. New York Rangers: Bryan Kelly, MD, Surgeon in Chief and Medical Director at HSS.
18. Philadelphia Flyers: Gary Dorshimer, MD, is an internal medicine physician at Penn Medicine in Philadelphia.
19. Pittsburgh Penguins: Dharmesh Vyas, MD, PhD, is an orthopedic surgeon at UPMC Sports Medicine in Cranberry Township, Pa.
20. San Jose Sharks: Mark Davies, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon at Kaiser Permanente in San Jose, Calif.
21. Seattle Kraken: Henry Pelto, MD, is a family medicine physician at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle.
22. St. Louis Blues: Matthew Matava, MD, is a professor of orthopedic surgery at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
23. Tampa Bay Lightning: Ira Guttentag, MD, is an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist at Florida Medical Clinic in North Tampa.
24. Vegas Golden Knights: James Dettling, MD, is an orthopedist and sports medicine specialist and an assistant clinical professor of surgery at the University of Nevada School of Medicine in Reno.
25. Washington Capitals: John Klimkiewicz, MD, is an orthopedic surgeon at Washington Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine in Washington, D.C.