Nine spine and orthopedic surgeons won awards and honors in the second quarter of 2022.
1. Victoria Stevens, MD, was inducted into the Arizona Women’s Hall of Fame.
2. The Iowa Volunteer Hall of Fame recognized Steven Meyer, MD, as part of its 2022 class for his more than 25 years of humanitarian work as founder of Siouxland Tanzania Educational and Medical Ministries.
3. Marc Galloway, MD, earned his second Ohio Team Physician Award from the Ohio Athletic Trainers' Association.
4. Frank Joseph, MD, received Atlanta-based Resurgens Orthopaedics' Garrett Award.
5. Dane Wukich, MD, an orthopedic surgeon at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, earned the MedStar Georgetown Distinguished Achievement Award in Diabetic Limb Salvage.
6. Orthopedic surgeon Stephen Snyder, MD, earned the Arthroscopy Association of North America's lifetime achievement award.
7. New York City-based Hospital for Special Surgery honored David Altchek, MD, with its lifetime achievement award.
8. Cato Laurencin, MD, PhD, was elected to the European Academy of Sciences in recognition of his work in regenerative engineering.
9. Daniel Gibbs, MD, was recognized as Utah's best orthopedic surgeon by the readers of Salt Lake City Weekly for the third year in a row.