The global artificial disc market is expected to jump to $6.3 billion by 2027, according to Market Data Forecast.
Five things to know:
1. The artificial disc market is valued at $2.6 billion in 2022, according to an April 1 news release. That's expected to rise 19 percent by 2027.
2. Although the artificial disc market suffered a setback during the COVID-19 pandemic, it is expected to return to its normal growth rate.
3. Factors behind the projected growth include a growing geriatric population, high prevalence of degenerative disc disorders and increased sports injury cases.
4. Lumbar artificial discs are expected to be the fastest-growing segment in the artificial disc market. Factors include an increased prevalence of obesity and degenerative bone disorders.
5. The North American market is projected to account for the largest market share between 2022 and 2027, according to the release.