Fountain Valley, Calif.-based MemorialCare named Jason Liauw, MD, medical director of the MemorialCare Neuroscience Institute at Saddleback Medical Center in Laguna Hills, Calif., according to a report from the Laguna Beach Indy.
Five things to know:
1. Dr. Liauw has a special interest in complex and minimally invasive spine and brain surgery. He also sees patients with chiari malformation and trigeminal neuralgia.
2. He earned his medical degree from Stanford (Calif.) University School of Medicine and completed his neurosurgery residency at Baltimore-based Johns Hopkins Hospital in 2014. He also completed a two-year fellowship at Johns Hopkins, focused on complex spine reconstruction and spinal oncology.
3. Throughout his career, Dr. Liauw has published more than 30 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters.
4. Dr. Liauw is also focused on innovation and completed the medical device fellowship at the FDA, where he reviewed several investigational clinical trails. He also has experience as a consultant for the NASA Ames Research Center.
5. The MemorialCare Neuroscience Institute at Saddle Back Medical Center provides stroke care and treatment for spine conditions, brain disorders, tumors and more. The interdisciplinary team focuses on surgical and nonsurgical treatment.