CBS' "The Doctors" featured Todd Lanman, MD, of Beverly Hills, Calif.-based Lanman Spinal Neurosurgery.
Here are seven highlights:
1. During the segment, Dr. Lanman discussed Medtronic's Prestige LP device.
2. The Prestige LP is intended for a two-level artificial disc replacement procedure.
3. Dr. Lanman served as principal investigator for Prestige LP's clinical trial, spanning 10 years. This trial led to the device's FDA approval.
4. The episode shows Dr. Lanman and his patient in the operating room for the procedure performed earlier this year. On the show, Dr. Lanman and his patient discussed the short recovery time and healing that occurred in less than two weeks post-surgery.
5. Dr. Lanman also presented superior results for the Prestige LP compared to cervical fusion.
6. Lanman Spinal Neurosurgery is affiliated with Los Angeles-based Cedars-Sinai Medical Center's Institute for Spinal Disorders.
7. Dr. Lanman completed his neurological surgery residency at University of California Los Angeles.