Todd H. Lanman, MD, will present on artificial disc replacement at the Congress of Neurological Surgeons' Annual 2017 Meeting Oct. 10 in Boston.
Here are six insights:
1. Dr. Lanman founded Lanman Spinal Neurosurgery in Beverly Hills, Calif.
2. During his presentation, Dr. Lanman will discuss findings from using a M6 cervical disc device.
3. The study compared seven-year results of one-level disc replacement with two-level disc replacement and fusion.
4. He will also touch on artificial disc replacement in the cervical spine, which is FDA-approved for one and two levels.
5. Dr. Lanman established The Lanman Foundation for Spinal Advancement and Innovative Health, a charity dedicated to advancing development of motion-preserving technology and aiding veterans.
6. He served as principal investigator of a 10-year clinical trial testing the Prestige LP device, which is now FDA approved.