Beverly Hills, Calif.-based Todd H. Lanman, MD, launched the Lanman Foundation for Spinal Advancement and Innovative Health.
Here are five things to know:
1. Dr. Lanman, founder of Lanman Spinal Neurosurgery, launched the charitable organization to focus on advancing the science of spine health. He hopes the foundation will help expand the spine community's perspective on full health and mobility of patients as well as provide surgical procedures for military veterans.
2. Dr. Lanman oversaw a 10-year clinical trial of the FDA-approved Prestige LP cervical artificial disc replacement procedure and was the lead writer on the recently released seven-year outcomes. He plans to spread the treatment with the 4D Health Approach and The Lanman Foundation.
3. The 4D Spinal Research Institute, Dr. Lanman's research institute, will integrate the 4D Health Approach he uses in his practice to source, assess, apply and distribute information for his patients. He takes patient factors into account such as age, lifestyle, nutrition, physical exercise and overall health when working with patients.
4. With The Lanman Foundation, Dr. Lanman hopes to do more "out of the box" research to preserve mobility and motion in addition to providing care for service members who were injured during active duty.
5. Dr. Lanman's initial goal is to raise at least $10 million in funding through the foundation and achieve at least four successful surgeries for military members over the next year.