Orthopedic spine surgeon Kam Raiszadeh, MD, wrote a book titled, "Take Back Control: A Surgeon's Guide to Healing Your Spine Without Medications or Surgery," as chronic back pain continues to gain prevalence globally, according to Rancho Santa Fe Review.
Here are five notes:
1. Dr. Raiszadeh draws on his 20 years of medical experience to offer readers tips to alleviate back pain without undergoing surgery. The tips are based on scientific-based principles.
2. Nearly a decade ago, Dr. Raiszadeh teamed up with a professor who expanded his knowledge on strengthening and rehabilitation, fueling his interest in nonoperative methods to treat patients with chronic pain.
3. In 2005, Dr. Raiszadeh opened the first SpineZone clinic in San Diego. Dr. Raiszadeh has since opened three additional clinics throughout San Diego, where he and a team of experts utilize nonoperative and operative methods to treat chronic pain patients.
4. Dr. Raiszadeh began working with his brother Kian Raiszadeh, MD, in 2015. The two are working to expand SpineZone's vision, which entails educating patients and giving them the necessary tools for rehabilitation. The surgeons are in the process of opening a fifth facility in San Diego.
5. While Dr. Raiszadeh's primary audience is chronic pain patients, he also hopes to reach policy makers. He said "The impact of chronic spinal pain is a huge burden on society as far as medical costs, missed days of work, disability, and constitutes a disproportionately large percentage of the overall medical spending. All of these can be improved by a more holistic approach," according to Rancho Santa Fe Review.