Planetree selected Tampa, Fla.-based Laser Spine Institute to participate in its patient-centered outcomes research project, as a part of the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute's $249,000 Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award. PCORI granted the award to Planetree.
Here are five things to know:
1. Laser Spine Institute is the sole ambulatory surgery center Planetree chose as a project partner.
2. In 2015, Laser Spine Institute's facility in Philadelphia earned gold-level Planetree Designation for Excellence in Patient-Centered Care, marking the first ASC in the world to earn a Planetree designation.
3. PCORI approved a Planetree team to conduct research studying how groups receive and utilize their patient-centered outcomes research. Planetree is also using the award funds to co-develop a tool that will support outcomes' awareness and future use.
4. Some of the award's funds will go toward focus groups with Laser Spine Institute's 46-person Patient-Family Advisory Council. The council will participate in virtual feedback sessions.
5. Laser Spine Institute operates regional surgery centers in Scottsdale, Ariz.; Tampa; Philadelphia; Oklahoma City; Cleveland, Ohio; St. Louis and Cincinnati.