Here are six spine devices garnering attention from the FDA that Becker's has reported on since May 4:
1. CTL Amedica's Nitro interbody fusion cage system portfolio was cleared by the FDA.
2. Abbott's spinal cord stimulation devices earned FDA approval to address chronic back pain for patients who aren't eligible for spine surgery.
3. Globus Medical received FDA approval for its Reflect scoliosis correction system.
4. Waypoint Orthopedics earned FDA approval for the Waypoint GPS, a bone awl for pedicle screw pilot hole drilling.
5. Happe Spine's Integrate-C interbody fusion system earned FDA 510(k) clearance.
6. Formus Labs earned 510(k) clearance from the FDA for its image processing software for hip replacement preoperative planning.