Here are eight developments from spine and orthopedic devicemakers since Jan. 4:
1. Orthofix and SeaSpine completed their merger and named Keith Valentine as its CEO.
2. Life Spine's ARx spinal fixation system was debuted.
3. Xtant Medical named Mark Schallenberger as COO.
4. A clinical trial from Synchron found the medtech company's brain implant was effective for long-term use in four patients with severe paralysis.
5. Medtronic doesn't have plans for additional spinoffs in 2023, CEO Geoff Martha said at the J.P. Morgan 41st Annual Healthcare Conference.
6. The first procedures using Medacta's NextAR augmented reality surgical platform have been performed in Japan.
7. The FDA cleared Arthrex's ACL reconstruction implant for pediatric use.
8. Pristine Surgical's single-use arthroscope, Summit, earned FDA clearance.