Medacta's software debut and four more updates from spine and orthopedic medtech companies since Sept. 21:
1. Orthopedic product design company Medacta has announced the completion of the first U.S. knee revision surgeries using its MyKnee R technology for preoperative planning.
2. A new implantable shock absorber can help to relieve pain and improve function in patients with chronic knee pain, according to results from a clinical trial performed by David Flanigan, MD, professor of orthopedics at Ohio State College of Medicine.
3. James Lynch, MD, of Reno-based Spine Nevada, completed his 150th case using Augmedics' Xvision system.
4. Surgalign launched four interbody fusion devices using its TiPlus technology.
5. Stryker launched its Q Guidance system for spine surgery.