Conmed's multimillion-dollar acquisition and five more updates from spine and orthopedic devicemakers since July 27:
1. Smith+Nephew saw year-over-year decreases in second-quarter revenue. The company's total revenue was $1.3 billion, a 3.1 percent decrease from the same period in 2021. Read more details here.
2. Zimmer Biomet saw increased second-quarter sales and revenue growth in the first half of 2022. Read more details here.
3. Conmed Corp. on Aug. 1 announced a definitive agreement to acquire Biorez, a startup focused on advancing the healing of soft tissue using its BioBrace implant technology. The acquisition would include $85 million at closing and up to an additional $165 million in growth-based earnout payments over the next four years.
4. Conformis, a company offering personalized hip and knee replacements, has signed a multiyear agreement with Vizient, a healthcare performance improvement company.
5. Anders Cohen, DO, performed the first cast with Kleiner Device Labs' KG 2 Surge flow-through interbody system. The case, a single-level transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion, was completed July 19 at The Brooklyn Hospital Center in New York City.
6. Spinal devicemaker SeaSpine is launching an anterior lumbar interbody fusion device featuring the Reef A interbody.