A collaboration to develop implants and four more updates from spine devicemakers since June 29:
1. The first cases with 3Spine's Motus device for the lumbar spine were completed as part of an Investigational Device Exemption trial.
2. Reliance Medical Systems, its owners and two of its physician-owned distributorships will pay a $1 million settlement to settle allegations they violated the False Claims Act by paying spine surgeons to use Reliance devices.
3. Fuse Medical and Oxford Performance Materials are partnering to develop spine and orthopedic implants with the OstepFab poly-ether-ketone-ketone technology.
4. Sigurd Berven, MD, completed the first clinical use of NovaApproach's OneLIF interbody fusion device.
5. Pawel Jankowski, MD, and Harvinder Bedi, MD, performed the first cases with Additive Implants' SureMAX-SA standalone cervical spacer.