From Conmed's $145 million deal to Stryker's orthopedic sale, here are six medtech acquisitions that closed or were announced in the second quarter of 2022.
1. Devicemaker OrthoPediatrics acquired MD Orthopaedics for $19.6 million. MD Orthopaedics was founded in 2004 and develops a custom bracing system for club foot. It has 14 issued patents, and seven others are being processed.
2. Orthopedic biologic company TheraCell was acquired by Isto Biologics. The acquisition will add to Isto Biologics' portfolio of orthopedic grafts and bring TheraCell's patented TheraFuze DBF technology to Isto's Influx product line. Isto Biologics focuses on bone regeneration and cell-based therapies for orthopedics.
3. Medartis completed its acquisition of orthopedic devicemaker Nextremity Solutions. Nextremity Solutions was purchased for up to $70 million with milestone earnout payments of up to $30 million.
4. Orthopedic devicemaker Enovis acquired 360 Med Care, a startup based in Australia. This is Enovis' first acquisition since its rebrand.
5. Onkos Surgical, a devicemaker specializing in musculoskeletal oncology and complex orthopedics, on June 13 entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Stryker's Juvenile tumor system.
6. Conmed completed its $145 million acquisition of In2Bones, a devicemaker focused on upper and lower extremities.