ZimVie's first-quarter spine sales and six more updates from spine device companies in the last week:
1. Accelus launched its TiHawk7 interbody cage for endoscopic and minimally invasive lumbar fusions.
2. NuVasive's Pulse integrated spine surgery system was a key growth driver in the first quarter and has been used in more than 500 commercial cases, the company said in its first-quarter earnings call.
3. Surgalign's artificial intelligence and augmented reality surgical guidance system was debuted at Indiana Spine Hospital in Carmel.
4. Preston Wells, vice president of investor relations at Stryker, was appointed vice president and group CFO for the devicemaker's spine and orthopedic business.
5. Zimmer Biomet's spine and dental spinoff company, ZimVie, dipped in its first-quarter revenue and spine sales.
6. Jeffrey A. Goldstein, MD, completed the world's first case with Globus Medical's new spine system, Excelsius3D.
7. Johnson & Johnson MedTech named Kurt Van den Bosch as CFO.