Daniel Scavilla is the new CEO of Globus Medical, succeeding Dave Demski, who stepped down to pursue other opportunities after 20 years with the company.
Five things to know:
1. Mr. Scavilla has been with Globus Medical for seven years, joining as senior vice president and CFO in April 2015. He later became president of the company's trauma and joint reconstruction businesses before he was named executive vice president and chief commercial officer in 2019.
2. Before joining Globus Medical, he served as CFO and global vice president of finance and business operations at Johnson & Johnson, where he focused on the company's $3 billion vision care unit.
3. Mr. Scavilla also served as CFO and worldwide vice president of finance at Advanced Sterilization Products, the infection prevention branch of J&J Medical Devices.
4. He serves on the board of directors of Impulse Dynamics, a private company specializing in technology for treating heart conditions.
5. Mr. Scavilla has a bachelor's degree from LaSalle University and a master's in business administration from Temple University, both in Philadelphia.