SeaSpine promotes its chief scientific officer from within, and five more key updates from spine devicemakers in the last week:
1. Louisiana neurosurgeon Sebastian Koga, MD, has completed the world's first surgeries using Aurora Spine Corp.'s Dexa-C implant.
2. CoreLink's Fusation cervical anchor received FDA 510(k) clearance.
3. Frank Vizesi, PhD, has been appointed chief scientific officer of SeaSpine after seven years with the company.
4. SeaSpine launched its NorthStar cervical facet fusion and Flash Navigation lumbar facet fusion devices.
5. Vuze Medical's spine imaging system received patents in China, Europe and the U.S.
6. The first surgery using Life Spine's Prolift Lateral Helo Fixated spine system has been completed.