Here are 6 key developments from Globus Medical in 2021:
1. Globus Medical shares have outperformed the spine industry from late 2020 to early 2021 , according to a January analysis from Zacks Equity Research.
2. Globus Medical launched Creo One, the market's first robotic screw designed for spine surgery with ExcelsiusGPS, on April 15.
3. The ExcelsiusGPS robot reached 20,000 spine surgeries globally in July.
4. The FDA awarded Globus Medical 510(k) clearance for Excelsius3D, an intraoperative, three-in-one imaging system, in August.
5. Francisco Ponce, MD, completed the first cranial surgery with Globus Medical's ExcelsiusGPS navigation system in September.
6. Globus Medical's CEO Dave Demski said in a third-quarter earnings call that the company plans to launch the Excelsius 3D imaging system in the near future.