Zimmer Biomet posted $2 billion in net sales during the second quarter of 2021 and saw growth across its spine and orthopedic segments.
Five notes about the company's second quarter performance:
1. Net sales were $2 billion, up 60.7 percent.
2. Spine and dental sales were $263.5 million, up 73.1 percent from the same time last year.
3. Knee sales were up 77.5 percent at $665.6 million net sales. Hip sales also increased 44 percent globally with $474.6 million net sales.
4. Sports medicine, extremities, trauma, craniomaxillofacial and thoracic sales were up 57.9 percent at $462.1 million.
5. The company updated its projected ranges for revenue growth and expects to see a 14.5 percent to 16.5 percent increase by the end of the year.