NuVasive's newest spine implant and four more updates from device companies in the last week:
1. Stryker posted $1.6 billion in net sales for its orthopedics business in the second quarter, and the company saw growth across all orthopedic procedure types. Read more details here.
2. Johnson & Johnson's orthopedics second-quarter sales increased 53.4 percent to $2.2 billion year over year with the company's spine sales seeing a return to global growth. Read more here.
3. Joimax is partnering with California-based contract resource organization North American Science Associates to bring support for prior authorization of Joimax’s devices and appeals processes to its U.S. customers.
4. NuVasive launched its Modulus anterior lateral interbody fusion implant.
5. Aziyo Biologics and Medtronic face another lawsuit related to the now-recalled FIberCel allograft. The suit was filed by the wife of a patient who died after receiving the tuberculosis-infected implant.