7D Surgical has been acquired by SeaSpine for a reported $110 million.
Five things to know:
1. 7D Surgical's flagship technology is the Flash navigation system for spine and cranial surgery. It is designed to replace standard fluoroscopy and offers surgeons a radiation-free tool to place spinal implants.
2. Flash can complete the entire patient registration process in less than 30 seconds, compared to the 30 minutes common with traditional systems, according to the company.
3. The system costs about $450,000 — less than half the price of traditional imaging systems, 7D Surgical said.
4. The technology provides an opportunity for similar advancements in other surgical specialties.
5. Including the 7D Surgical acquisition, SeaSpine projects 2021 total revenue to be $193 million to $198 million, reflecting growth of 25 percent to 28 percent compared to 2020.