Here are six updates from spine and orthopedic device companies over the past week:
1. Spine-focused medical technology company Surgalign named Marc Mackey as executive vice president of digital surgery.
2. Amplify Surgical's dualX expanding interbody fusion system has been used in 1,000 spinal levels.
3. Medical device company SpineGuard named Patrick Pilcher as the vice president of sales and marketing in the U.S.
4. Audubon, Pa.-based Globus Medical launched Creo One, the market's first robotic screw designed for spine surgery with ExcelsiusGPS.
5. SeaSpine's WaveForm TO transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion system was released in a limited commercial launch.
6. The FDA provided clearance for Zimmer Biomet's Rosa partial knee system for robotic-assisted partial knee replacements.
More articles on devices:
Florida surgeon performs disc replacement on wrong area of patient's spine
2 spine surgeon leaders exit Johns Hopkins
5 high-profile device company court battles: Medtronic, Smith+Nephew & more