Assure Holdings has acquired intraoperative neuromonitoring services company Elevation in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas, area.
Five things to know:
1. Elevation performed about 500 IONM procedures in 2020, 55 percent of which were for commercial payers.
2. The company employed two technologists supporting two surgeons at one facility.
3. The acquisition, which includes Elevation's contracts, employees, business relationships and assets, is part of Assure's plan to accelerate scale by augmenting organic growth with merger and acquisition opportunities.
4. As a result of the transaction, Assure CEO and Executive Chair John Farlinger said the company will use its scale to "negotiate new in-network agreements with payers in the local market" and tap into "new business opportunities."
5. In March, Assure appointed Isador Lieberman, MD, a spine surgeon from Plano-based Texas Back Institute, to its medical advisory committee.