Executives at the top orthopedic and spine device companies receive millions of dollars in total compensation, according to proxy statements filed with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission.
Salary.com compiles information for executive pay based on the SEC reports. Here is the compensation of top executives from orthopedic and spine devices companies in 2019 and 2020. The asterisk denotes 2019 data, the most recent data available.
1. Alex Gorsky, chair and CEO of Johnson & Johnson: $23.1 million
2. Kevin Lobo, chair and CEO of Stryker: $15 million*
3. Bryan Hanson, CEO of Zimmer Biomet: $11.2 million*
4. Robert Palmisano, president, CEO and executive director of Wright Medical Group: $7.3 million*
5. Geoffrey Martha, CEO of Medtronic: $6.3 million
6. J. Christopher Barry, CEO of NuVasive: $5.4 million
Mr. Hanson gave up 100 percent of his salary in April 2020 to curb the financial effect of COVID-19 on the company, as revenue dropped. Mr. Lobo also took a 50 percent pay cut in April 2020 amid the pandemic.