A federal appeals court upheld Wright Medical's win in a patent infringement dispute with Spineology.
Here are five things to know:
1. Spineology sued Wright Medical in 2015 for allegedly infringing on Spineology's '757 patent for an expandable bone reamer.
2. Wright Medical manufactures and sells the X-Ream expandable reamer.
3. In July 2017, Judge Joan Ericksen of the U.S. District Court for Minnesota found five of the claims were invalid on indefiniteness and Wright Medical did not infringe the two other claims.
4. Spineology appealed to the U.S. Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
5. The appeals court backed Wright Medical in a July 5 ruling. It sent the case back to Judge Ericksen, ordering her to vacate the invalidity judgment and enter judgment of non-infringement.
More articles on devices: