Dror Paley, MD, became the first physician to use NuVasive's Precise Stryde System for stature lengthening.
Here are five highlights.
1. NuVasive's Precise Stryde System is part of the NuVasive Specialized Orthopedics product portfolio. It is an internal system for stature lengthening and limb reconstruction.
2. Precise Stryde is the third-generation limb lengthening system in the NSO line. It includes an implantable intramedullary nail, locking screws, reusable instruments and a hand-help external remote controller.
3. NuVasive received FDA clearance for the lengthening system in April for use in the tibia and femur.
4. It is estimated the Precise Stryde System can increase a patient's height by more than three inches.
5. Dr. Paley founded the Paley Orthopedic & Spine Institute in West Palm Beach, Fla. He is an expert in limb lengthening and deformity correction.