Bryan Hanson became Zimmer Biomet's CEO and president in December 2017.
Here are five things to know about him:
1. Mr. Hanson came to Zimmer Biomet from Medtronic. There he served as executive vice president and group president of minimally invasive therapies.
2. He previously served as group president of Covidien, with global responsibilities for all Covidien business segments.
3. He started his career with Covidien in 1992. He moved through the ranks at the organization, serving as group president of surgical solutions, president of energy-based devices and president of U.S. medical devices.
4. Mr. Hanson serves on the board of directors of AmeriCares, an emergency response and global health organization committed to saving lives and building futures for people in crisis.
5. He completed the Kellogg School of Management Finance for Executives program and the Harvard Executive Education in Leadership program.