K2M is teaming up with the International Spine Study Group Foundation for a data management initiative.
Here are five things to know.
1. K2M licensed its BACS Data Management tool to ISSGF for spine patient data collection, inclusive of patient-reported outcomes measures.
2. The BACS Data Management tool is a cloud-based data collection and operative reporting system that tracks outcome metrics.
3. Through the data management tool, spine patients use tablets to record their symptoms throughout their episodes of care. Surgeons leverage the tool to report and analyze diagnostic data, surgical information and radiographic imagery.
4. K2M's Balance ACS platform includes the BACS Data Management tool. The BACS platform leverages 3-D solutions to improve quality outcomes for spine patients.
5. The ISSGF encompasses about 30 surgeons focused on advancing adult spinal deformity treatment. The surgeons practice at sites in the U.S., Canada and Japan. Since 2010, the group has presented 900-plus abstracts and published 200-plus manuscripts.