Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions launched the Johnson & Johnson Health Partner platform to help patients prepare for and recover from knee and hip surgery.
Here are five things to know:
1. The digital platform is designed to prepare patients physically, mentally and emotionally for surgery while connecting them with their healthcare team, ensuing customized care. Over time the system learns the patient's needs in order to adapt to a specific care plan.
2. Health Partner integrates behavior change strategies based on scientific evidence to increase the likelihood patients will continue pre-and post-surgical care. Johnson & Johnson is focused on improving patients' ability to follow their care plans.
3. Health Partner consists of three connected digital tools:
• A website to provide education and resources prior to undergoing surgery
• A mobile app to guide patients through preparation and recovery
• A care portal for providers to interact with patients
4. Additionally, Johnson & Johnson hopes the new system will improve outcomes, as well as reduce length of stay and readmissions. Health Partner is focused on bettering patient experience and saving costs.
5. A majority of executives and clinicians, 63 percent, share an interest in using behavior science to adjust expectations about how patients and their providers engage. Additionally, 92 percent are interested in increasing digital tool use.