Stryker CEO Kevin Lobo recently spoke about the company's current state at the 38th annual shareholders meeting in Kalamazoo, Mich., according to MLive.
Here are five things he said:
1. "Stryker is a growing company…We've continue to outpace the medtech (medical technologies) market, growing at the high end of medtech."
2. "We certainly are looking forward to tax reform…My greatest hope is that they deal with this issue of trapped cash and we're able to access our cash and not have double-taxation, which is one of the big challenges. We do not have a territorial tax system in the United States, which all over major companies do."
3. "We've done a spectacular job in the United States…We've now gotten Europe to be a high-growth country (market). Canada's doing well. Australia's doing well. But we have work to do in China, Brazil, Russia, Turkey. India is doing very well but it's quite small."
4. "The biggest launch in Stryker's history is the Mako total knee. We've got System 8 Power Tool out of Instruments (Division) here in Kalamazoo launching. So we have a steady flow of new products and that's fueling our growth."
5. "We are going to continue to be a very active acquirer as we have been over the last five years."
More articles on devices:
Implanet receives CE Mark for JAZZ Standalone implant — 4 highlights
NuVasive serves as EPOSNA 2017 sponsor; launches pediatric spinal deformity podcast— 5 highlights
Coliseum Northside Hospital installs Mazor X system — 4 observations