Dublin, Ireland-based Medtronic is planning to sell a portion or all of its medical supplies business, unnamed sources revealed to Bloomberg.
Here are six key insights:
1. Medtronic is working with advisers to identify potential buyers.
2. The division may be worth approximately $5 billion, the sources told Bloomberg.
3. The company's medical supplies business encompasses a variety of equipment, such as needles and monitoring technology.
4. Much of Medtronic's medical supplies line stems from its acquisition of Dublin-based Covidien in 2014.
5. Bloomberg reported Medtronic may seek one or several divestures of its medical supplies business.
6. A Medtronic spokesman did not disclose any information to Bloomberg.