Lexington, Ky.,-based Intralink-Spine is optimistic after its Rejuve treatment showed positive results in a six-month study.
Here five things to know:
1. The Rejuve treatment is a minimally invasive treatment for degenerative disc disease and low back pain.
2. Intralink-Spine tested the safety and feasibility of its product in Malaysia.
3. Two of the four patients who have been involved in the study for six-months reported no pain or disability, while a third patient has only mild pain and zero disability.
4. The safety study's success has paved the way for a multi-site pivotal study in Southeast Asia.
5. Company CEO Lyle Hawkins explained, "About 80 percent of the adults in the U.S. experience significant back pain at some point in their life," and the Rejuve study data makes him optimistic about the product's potential to treat low back pain.