Captiva Spine received FDA clearance for the SmartLOX Cervical Plate System.
Here are five things to know:
1. The SmartLOX Cervical Plate System includes the proprietary Nitinol self-locking mechanism for visual, audible and tactile confirmation of cervical screw locking.
2. The screws can be inserted sequentially, in tandem or independently.
3. The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office granted the technology a patent recently.
4. The system was engineered for enhanced control and predictable performance.
5. There is a large graft/endplate, window for clear visualization, flush/smooth screw head profile and options for self-tapping, self-drilling and fixed and variable angled screws.