Here are five hospitals and health systems that added spine and orthopedic surgical robots in February:
Note: This is not an exhaustive list.
1. Hackensack (N.J.) University Medical Center completed the first total knee replacement on the East Coast using the newest iteration of Think Surgical's TSolution One robot.
2. Scott Grabill, DO, performed the first robotic-assisted knee replacement surgery at Sentara Albemarle Medical Center in Elizabeth City, N.C.
3. Columbus (Ind.) Regional Health has added two surgical robots to its orthopedic surgery department.
4. TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital in Bowling Green, Ky., added its second orthopedic robot: Velys for total knee replacements.
5. A surgeon at Honolulu Sports & Spine Surgery Center completed the first robot-assisted hip replacement with the Rosa robot.