Here are seven medical facilities adding orthopedic surgical robots in January:
Note: This is not an exhaustive list.
1.Johnstown, Pa.-based Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center and Statesville, N.C.-based Iredell Health System added robot-assisted total joint procedures.
2. Minneapolis-based Allina Health has added its third orthopedic robot at Mercy Hospital in Fridley, Minn.
3. Sailsbury, Md.-based Peninsula Orthopaedic Associates added the Eastern Shore region's first Mako robot for joint replacements.
4. Northwest Health Physicians’ Specialty Hospital in Fayetteville, Ark., began offering robot-assisted total knee replacements, Talk Business & Politics reported Jan. 8.
5. Cedar Rapids, Iowa-based UnityPoint Health St. Luke’s Hospital added the Mako robot, Iowa's News Now reported Jan. 25.
6. Tallahassee (Fla.) Orthopedic Clinic added Mako Smart Robotics for total and partial knee replacements, the Tallahassee Democrat reported Jan. 31.