Becker's reported on six hospitals and practices adding spine and orthopedic robots in June.
1. Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based HCA East Florida acquired 13 surgical robots to be used for minimally invasive surgery including the Rosa Knee and Mako.
2. Woodbury, Minn.-based Summit Orthopedics' Eagan Surgery Center was reportedly the first ASC in the state to perform spine surgery with the Mazor X Stealth Edition robotic system.
3. Samaritan Medical Center in Watertown, N.Y., became the first hospital in the region to offer the Mako SmartRobotics system.
4. Paul Asdourian, MD, and Paul McAfee, MD, are reportedly the first spine surgeons in the mid-Atlantic region to perform a lateral lumbar interbody fusion with the ExcelsiusGPS system at MedStar Orthopedic Institute in Baltimore.
5. Warwick, N.Y.-based St. Anthony Community Hospital has added Zimmer Biomet's Rosa robotic system.
6. Fresno, Calif.-based Saint Agnes Medical Center has added Stryker's Mako robot for joint replacements.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list.