Here are five orthopedic practices to know:
1. Central Indiana Orthopedics (Muncie): Central Indiana Orthopedics has seven locations in Central Indiana and more than 20 orthopedic specialists. The practice recently completed its 1,000th surgery with Stryker's Mako robot.
2. Heiden Orthopedics (Salt Lake City). Heiden Orthopedics is staffed by five orthopedic surgeons and one sports medicine specialist. It is led by Eric Heiden, MD, a former Olympic athlete who set 15 world records in speed skating. Daniel Gibbs, MD, was recently recognized as Utah's best orthopedic surgeon by the Salt Lake City Weekly for the third year in a row.
3. Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital (Franklin, Wis.): Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital was founded in 2009 and is affiliated with St. Louis-based Ascension health system. The practice has won several awards, including being named a 2015 Guardian of Excellence by Press Ganey. It also earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval in total shoulder replacement, spinal surgery and hip and joint replacement.
4. Baylor Scott & White Orthopedic Associates of Dallas: Baylor Scott & White Orthopedic Associates of Dallas has been treating patients for more than 60 years and currently has 22 fellowship-trained surgeons. The practice has nine locations in the Dallas area.
5. TSAOG Orthopaedics & Spine (San Antonio): TSAOG Orthopaedics & Spine has been in practice for 75 years. The practice includes 40 orthopedic specialists and eight locations. It has won several awards over the years, including being named a top workplace by Becker's from 2015-17.