In March, Orlando (Fla.) Health appointed longtime executive Carlos Carrasco president of Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute, a $250 million project that recently broke ground.
Seven things to know:
1. Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute will feature a 75-bed orthopedic specialty hospital, with a medical pavilion, an ASC and an auditorium for conferences and education.
2. The hospital will have 10 operating rooms, and the outpatient surgery center will add an additional 12 ORs.
3. Mr. Carrasco has been with Orlando Health for 25 years. He most recently served as COO of the system's Orlando Regional Medical Center.
4. The hospital will occupy 195,000 square feet in downtown Orlando.
5. Orlando Health announced plans for the project after it acquired Orlando-based Jewett Orthopaedics, a 25-physician practice, in January 2020.
6. Orlando Health Jewett Orthopedic Institute is expected to bring 500 jobs to the community.
7. The hospital will open in summer 2023, but the medical pavilion and surgery center could open in late 2022.